The Demystifying Open Access event was hosted to introduce the U of T community to Open Access (OA), connect the community to OA experts on and off campus, and to foster a discussion at the event extending beyond the evening.
A panel was moderated by Graeme Slaght, Copyright Outreach Librarian with University of Toronto Libraries. Speakers included:
- Kelsey Merkley (née Wiens), Public Lead, Creative Commons Canada
- Steven Hermans, Social Sciences & Humanities Research Manager
- Dr. Rachel Harding, Postdoctoral fellow, Structural Genomics Consortium
- Stephanie Orfano, Acting Head, Copyright and Scholarly Communications, U of T Libraries
- Mariya Maistrovskaya, Institutional Repositories Librarian, U of T Libraries
- Leslie Chan, Associate Professor, Teaching Stream, Department of Arts, Culture, and Media and Associate Director, Centre for Critical Development Studies, U of T Scarborough