To be preceded by the Part-time Appointments at the U of T: Challenges and Strengths Panel on May 1, 2018.
An opportunity for part-time faculty and librarians from the three campuses of the University of Toronto to share with and learn from their colleagues in a genial, collegial atmosphere.
Lunch will be served.
All faculty members and librarians are welcome to attend.
9:45 – 10:00 a.m.
Cynthia Messenger, Innis College, UTSG; President, UTFA
- Claude Evans, Department of Language Studies, UTM; Chair of the Appointments Committee, UTFA
Session 1: Music
10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
Chair: Cynthia Messenger, Innis College, UTSG, President, UTFA
- Perish or Publish – Art Music Publishing in Canada. Brian McDonagh, Faculty of Music, UTSG
- Visualizing Orchestration with Orcheil. Gregory Lee Newsome, Faculty of Music, UTSG
- Choral Singing with Older Adults Diagnosed with Dementia. Amy Clements-Cortes, Faculty of Music, UTSG
11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Session 2: Languages and Linguistics
12:00 – 1:30 p.m.
Chair: Rena Helms-Park, Centre for French and Linguistics (CFL), UTSC
- The Use of Authentic Documents and Artifacts in Language Courses. Snejina Sonina and Maud Pillet, Centre for French and Linguistics (CFL), UTSC
- FSL (French as a Second Language) and Media: Learning by doing a podcast. Caroline Lebrec, Department of Language Studies, UTM
- Creating Hybrid Courses with Teaching and Learning Technology. Ivan Chow & Safieh Moghaddam, Department of Language Studies, UTM
1:30 – 2:00 p.m.
Session 3: Sciences and Health
2:00 – 3:30 p.m.
Chair: Judith Poë, Department of Chemical & Physical Sciences, UTM
- Co-curricular Student Support: Beyond the Lecture Theatre. Kristine B. Quinlan, Department of Chemistry, UTSG
- Implementing a New Course Addressing Undergraduates’ Mental and Physical Health. Sheryl Stevenson, Centre for Teaching and Learning, UTSC
- Designing Transformative Learning Experiences: Research for Continued Program Renewal. Joseph Ferenbok, Richard Foty, Adriana Ieraci, Raksha Sule & Moni Kim, Translational Research Program (TRP), Faculty of Medicine, UTSG
To attend, please RSVP to email@example.com.