Dear UTFA Colleague,
UTFA’s Annual General Meeting is Tuesday, April 25, 2023, from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m., via Zoom. We are trending toward another strong member turnout this year. I encourage those of you who have not yet registered to do so here.
1. Acknowledgement of Traditional Land
2. Review of the Agenda
4. Welcome and President’s Remarks
- Pursuing salary catch-up and more, post-Bill 124: Dialogue with your Chief Negotiators. T. Zorić with UTFA Vice-President, Salary, Benefits, Pensions, and Workload, Jun Nogami.
5. Faculty, Librarians, and Staff Housing Affordability Programs: What are the most promising approaches?
- With Rob Gillezeau, UTSC Dept. of Management & Rotman School of Management; Fellow at the Broadbent Institute.
6. Interactive Panel: Strengthening our collective voices at U of T: How bargaining works and why it needs to change.
- UTFA in conversation with panelists from McMaster, Toronto Metropolitan University, Waterloo, and Western; moderated by OCUFA President Sue Wurtele.
7. UTFA Academic Citizenship Awards
8. Reports of the 2022-2023 UTFA Officers and Chairs of Committees
- The reports are published in the AGM Newsletter and will not be read at the meeting. However, the President, Vice-Presidents, Treasurer, and Committee Chairs will be available to answer any questions.
9. Presentation of UTFA Student Award Recipients (Jeff Bale)
10. Other business and questions from the floor
Please don’t forget to register. I look forward to seeing you on April 25th!