UTFA All Members’ Meeting on the COVID Letter of Understanding (LOU) & Health and Safety
Tuesday, August 31, 2021
5:00 to 7:00 pm
Please join us to learn more about how the recently-negotiated COVID LOU between UTFA and the Administration affects you, including:
- Your right not to be required to teach hybrid or dual-delivery courses;
- How the special PTR process works;
- Workload relief provisions;
- Your right to choose not to use Student Course Evaluations in some circumstances;
- Which of your expenses qualify under the special COVID Expense Reimbursement Fund (the “CERF”); and,
- Detailed accommodation guidelines, including whom to contact, for those facing medical circumstances, childcare responsibilities, or eldercare responsibilities.
UTFA’s members of the U of T Central Health and Safety Committee will also provide updates on, answer your questions about, and assess the sufficiency of the University Administration’s fall reopening plans. Learn more about:
- The University’s new approach to vaccines;
- The just-updated mask policy and the ongoing challenge of compliance;
- Why some units are being permitted to opt to teach online and others are not;
- Classroom occupancy rates that greatly exceed provincial Step 3 limits;
- Why it is critical that we measure and verify ventilation rates; and,
- How we can work together to advocate for transparent, specific, measurable, and accountable steps to protect the U of T community.
Kindly register at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a Zoom link once you have registered. Remember to save the meeting to your calendar.
Please also send us your questions in advance to email@example.com—we will do our best to address them.
UTFA Vice-President, Salary, Benefits, Pensions, and Workload