We are very pleased to share with you the Principles for Consultation – Annual Activity Report and Performance Assessment Policies/Procedures agreed to on June 3, 2020 and approved by UTFA Council on June 10, 2020.
Note: This is the process that the University of Toronto Libraries will follow in the event that the Library administration intends to consider substantive (1) changes to performance assessment policies and/or procedures including the Librarian Annual Activity Report Form or the Annual Librarian Performance Assessments – Procedures & Rating Scale.
- The Chief Librarian appoints a committee that is broadly representative. The committee is established by sending a call for participation to librarians across the three campuses. The Committee will be chaired by the Chief Librarian or their designate and should include:
- a majority of permanent status librarians who do not supervise other librarians nor hold senior administrative appointments;
- librarians from the UTM, UTSC, and the Central and divisional libraries.
- The committee is advisory to the Chief Librarian. It will gather information and make written recommendations regarding performance assessment policies and/or procedures. The draft recommendations will be shared with all UTL librarians, who will be given an opportunity to provide feedback.
- The committee will review the feedback and make their final recommendations to the Chief Librarian, who will make the final decision regarding any revisions to the policies and/or procedures.
- The Chief Librarian or designate will circulate the revised performance assessment policies and/or procedures.
(1) Substantive changes include material changes to policies and processes but do not include minor changes such as necessary annual updates.